Collagen- What is it?
Collagen is all the rage right now. But what is it? It is one of the most important proteins of the body.
It’s found in our bones, skin, muscle and so much more! It’s what keeps them strong. Did you know it can also be found in your blood and teeth? Below are the different types and what they do:
- Type I: Provides structure to skin, bones, tendons, cartilage, tissue and teeth.
- Type II: Found in cartilage and cushions joints.
- Type III: Supports muscles, organs and arteries.
- Type IV: Found in skin layers.
- Muscle: By adding collagen to your workout regimen or along with your workout supplements, helps strengthen muscle mass.
- Joints: Since collagen is beneficial to your joints, it helps with those with arthritis.
- Skin: With women constantly looking to help keep their youthful skin, collagen improves and strengthen the skin elasticity, which minimizes the look of wrinkles and lines.
Collagen is odorless and flavorless, so it can be added to anything! You can add to your smoothie, coffee, even your salad or baking your favorite cookies!